We have reached in times, where now web based services can be used to even indulge in trading activities, be it be big or small, ranging from buying a car to a toothpaste. The internet acts as a very effective medium between customers and businesses whose goods and services are purchased. This helps in lowering the costs incurred by customers as well as businesses in completing business transactions, thereby allowing them to serve a higher number of customers.
What is an E-Commerce Website?
If you own a retail business and whether or not deliver your products to remote customers, having an online presence is of utmost importance in today’s times. The market shift has been so drastic in recent times and every 1 out of 3 customers prefer ordering a product/service online as compared to offline. In such times, having an e-commerce website of your own not only helps you in enhancing sales but also establishes credibility and streamlines processes for your business in a very cost effective manner. It is equally prominent with online services as well.
An e-commerce website allows selling and purchasing of services or products online, thereby saving time and cost to both buyer and seller. It provides your users the access to a cart or bucket where they can add products virtually sitting in their comfort zones, as good as a buyer adding goods to a cart in a shopping mall. It is also embedded with a secure and safe payment gateway which ensures smooth and safe transactions versus your orders.
E-Commerce websites can be B2B, B2C or C2C, depending upon the products and services offered and the target audience.
Perks of Having an E-Commerce Website
- It helps your customers reach out to you in a very effective manner and serves their needs better. Having an interactive and unique website displaying all your products and services makes the buying process easier for your customers, after all, Customer is God!
- The visibility of your business increases multi folds, since the website traffic increases and the conversion rates are enhanced.
- All your geographical barriers are now taken care of, and your proximity with the world markets is now increased.
- All the details down to the last possible information can now be provided to the customer under one page, thus making the customer experience very rich, pleasant and enjoyable. This allows the customer to be very sure while buying a product or service.
- All the time constraints are now out of the picture. There is no opening or closing time for your business now. Your potential customers can place an order at any time of hour.
- As a business owner, your inventory management is now taken care of. You can keep a healthy track of orders, stocks and even customer data.
- It reduces your operational and marketing costs by huge margins.
- You can now easily cross-sell or up-sell your products or services to your buyers.
- You can even track your customers and have a database, while analysing consumer behaviour.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The platform must be secure and users shall be allowed to have password protected accounts in order to get rid of unauthorized personnel trying to access their accounts to perform transactions.
- Advertising can be empowered using such a website, thus serving as an effective marketing tool. Ads of other businesses may also be placed on the website in order to earn extra ad revenues.
- The website should be easy to access with proper navigational tools to ensure better customer experience.
- To increase traffic, make sure the visuals are pleasing and non-cluttering.
- A chat-bot can be installed in the website to answer queries of customers.
- Make sure your website has CTA tabs and links to your Social Media channels embedded.
- Don’t forget to add a ‘Review & Ratings’ section on your website. It is best to have that under every product. Your customer conversion is highly likely to increase if your products have genuine user ratings and reviews written.
- Avoid a lot of pop ups, otherwise the user is likely to get irritated and move to some other business website.
- Have a ‘Search’ tab on your website to enhance experience. Having an auto complete functionality in your search tab is a cherry on the cake.
- Having filters like best sellers, highest or lowest price, product ratings, brands, etc. is very essential for your users to buy the right product.
- Provide offers and discounts, redeemable coupon codes, etc. to have a loyal customer community.
- Use very high quality images and videos for product descriptions.
- Create a Scarcity around your products. A product that says ‘Out of Stock’ or ‘last few pieces left’ is likely to sell more.
E-Commerce Website Platforms
WooCommerce is a free, open source WordPress plugin that adds e-commerce functionality to your WordPress website allowing you to have an online store. With just a few clicks, your WordPress website turns into a fully-functional e-commerce website.
Magento is an e-commerce platform built on open source technology that provides online businesses with a flexible shopping cart system with an easy control over the look and feel, content and functionality of their online store. Magento offers powerful marketing and SEO tools.
OpenCart, Shopify, BigCommerce, 3DCart and PrestaShop are other widely used e-commerce platform providing softwares.
Conclusion Having an e-commerce website puts you in complete control of your business, irrespective of what your business entails. To have your finest e-commerce website designed, contact AB Web Technologies at https://abwebtechnologies.com .